History of Our Church

 

Pleasant Hill Baptist Church was declared a regular constituted church in December 1853. The church body began with six people, who presented church letters to become the first members, in a schoolhouse near the present site of the church. A wood frame building was constructed in 1870, a brick auditorium in 1952, and a larger auditorium in 1967. In 1975 two worship services were required on Sunday mornings. A beautiful new sanctuary was dedicated in 1984 and renovated in 2003. The Family Life Center was completed in 2000 and is used for children's activities, fellowship meals and Sunday School classes.

 

At least 18 men have been licensed to preach the Gospel of Jesus and/or ordained to Christian ministry at Pleasant Hill.

 

From humble beginnings of 6 members in a school house, Pleasant Hill has grown to a membership of over 700 with five buildings to be used in service to the Lord.

 

© 2017 Pleasant Hill Baptist Church
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community